Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Penguins sweep the Senators

No, I did not photoshop that picture. And, Yes, I am loving it.

The Penguins followed through on my (and pretty much everyone else's) prediction and beat the Senators in round one. Ottawa was in so much of a slump coming in that I was eagerly anticipating the sweep as well.

I believe that Spezza Heatley and Alfredsson combined for one assist and zero goals in the playoffs. While that trio did have some time missed due to injury, the Senators traditionally count on those three to have half of their goals. If zero goals is half of your production, you're going to be in big trouble.

Still as a Sabres fan I couldn't have asked for any better results. Lets just hope that Dallas can finish off the Ducks, and that the Rangers find a way to lose as well.

Nashville also had an awesome game last night, and have come back to tie the series with the Red Wings at two a piece. This was really unexpected and I still don't think that Nashville can pull of the upset, but I would be loving it if it did happen.

No comments: